Easy Waste Free Cooking
Friday, March 09, 2012 | Author: Unknown
There are many ways to cook and make homemade items waste free. I love to make my own yogurt (recipe in previous post). Unfortunately in Illinois, I can't keep the milk and culture at the proper temperature over night.

I also usually cook my food in one pan. I use homemade vegetable stock. (wonderful recipe here). By making my own stocks, yogurts, condiments, etc, I prevent bringing waste into the home. The most recent time I made my vegetable stock (seen below), it came out purple because I added red cabbage and kale to the mix.
Here is how I cook a lot of my meals. I only purchase wrapping free vegetables and try to stick to seasonal vegetables to cut costs. I also only purchase whole mushrooms because they last longer.  Place your sliced vegetables, garlic and herbs in the skillet with about 1/2 cup of homemade stock. 
Once the stock is boiling and your vegetable have been cooking for about 5-10 minutes, add your tilapia fillet. Place some of the vegetables over the tilapia, add some salt, pepper and some more stock.
Continue to allow the stock to boil. Once the fish is fully cooked, allow more of the stock to boil away. Then place your food in your chosen dish and enjoy!



This entry was posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: