More Life Changes
Monday, March 05, 2012 | Author: Unknown
Over the next few months, I will be packing up my Iowa condo and moving most of it into storage.  I am working on finding a job in Chicago, so I am able to move into my parents condo in Lincoln Park.  I have been working on a list of things I am going to rid of, store, etc.

- get rid of unneeded furniture
- rid of all unneeded office supplies
- pack up and store needed bedding and towels
- rid of all food products left
- go through basement
- sell unwanted yarn
- create list of needed/wanted items
- donate books in garage
- rid of unwanted toiletries 
- rid of unwanted extra cleaning supplies

This is a very small list, but it will be growing.  My mom and I have already moved my aquariums to Illinois and my cockatiel and dog are also here. My animals will never return to the condo.  This will make moving much easier and faster.  I would really like to downsize the amount of small items I have, such as toiletries, paper items, etc.  I don't want to have to deal with owning so much anymore. I have noticed that I am happier with less.  Throughout this moving ordeal, I want to be able to control what I actually own.  It is hard when I have a mom who loves to shop and give her children things.  I appreciate it, but it is difficult, very difficult.  I know that when I move into my own place in Chicago, it is going to be a lot smaller than the place in Iowa, that is one of the main reasons I need to rid of a lot of belongings.  I just need to figure out how to get rid of things that my mom wants me to keep.  She is offended by my desire not to have tchotchkes, which she has a fondness for. If you have any ideas on how to reason with her, please let me know.

My mom also wants me to buy more clothes, I just donated 4 massive bags of clothes.  I don't want to buy anything more. My mom has a closet literally the size of my bedroom growing up.
This entry was posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On March 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM , christy and windsor said...

Liz, I feel for you. I am similar in working to go through my two storage units - one with my personal items in it and one with my teaching items in it. I've sold what I could and am donating many items to schools, libraries, etc. I live with my parents who hoard things. I continue to keep working to help them realize what they need versus having so many things they may want but do not use. It's overwhelming to my spirit to live amidst alot of clutter. I believe so many people today are so stressed and overwhelmed because of too much clutter in their home-life. I commend you for all you are doing to destress your life. You are a great example to me bringing new info and reminders of ways I can be more waste free.