Shopping Supplies
Saturday, January 21, 2012 | Author: Unknown
Here is a photo of my shopping supplies. I usually take 6-8 cloth bags, 3 jars, one glass swing-top bottle and two reusable shopping totes.  I use the smaller shopping totes because they are easier to carry.  The current jars I am using for meat and cheese are shatterproof acrylic jars.  I also sometimes take my smaller glass Anchor Jars.

The colourful bags are ones I sewed using "fat quarters" I had in storage.  I was going to send them to my quilting sister, but she didn't want them.  I also used a flour sack towel for my bread bag. I sewed two of them and use the other three for cleaning. The mesh bags were purchased from my local co-op and are from www.coolhats.biz. You buy a set of three, each bag a different size for only $9.00.  They work well for most produce. I bought a couple of sets for my parents and they love them. My dad claims the broccoli stay good longer.


I have 15 (5 of each size) Bormioli Jars being delivered Monday from Specialty Bottle. I can't wait until they arrive!
I am quite surprised how the people who work at Hyvee and New Pioneer Co-op respect my wishes for my meat and cheese to be placed in jars.  I have yet to have someone ask why or say no.  I don't get strange looks either. You can take your own containers easily, they don't have to be glass jars, they can be plastic containers.  The goal is to lessen the amount of garbage you bring home.

After beginning these steps, my garbage is already down! I have only filled one bag this week, this bag also includes items I am getting rid of for good.  I will also be going through Mac's toys and my towels this week. They will be donated to my local Humane Society.  They are more than willing to take older toys, even if they're slightly ripped.

Good luck to everyone attempting this lifestyle change like me@

This entry was posted on Saturday, January 21, 2012 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: