A Wormy Situation and Progress
Sunday, January 29, 2012 | Author: Unknown
I have finally received the two components to set up my indoor compost bin.  I purchased a "worm friendly habitat" and 1000 red worms. I set up the compost bin on Thursday, when these pictures were taken.  The worms have begun to settle in. They definitely have enough food for quite a while.
This picture was taken Thursday and there is definitely more food and some more bedding in the bin now.
I'm hoping that having the compost bin will lower the amount of garbage I have going out.

I have also been making progress on my de-cluttering. I took a large bin and three grocery paper bags full of items to Goodwill today.  I now need to work on de-cluttering the upstairs, go through all of my books and take the unused food to the food bank. Here are some photos of my progress so far.
cabinet number 1:
cabinet number 2:

One of the best things about a zero waste lifestyle is that almost every meal uses fresh ingredients. I am obviously working to rid of all of my packaged food. I think I'm doing an okay job so far.  I am taking everything in my cabinets that I won't eat to the food pantry.  I would rather it be used than thrown away. 

Just as an update, my cockatiel Rosie is doing better. We are past the halfway point with the antibiotic.  It has been difficult giving it to her, but it's working. I'm glad she's feeling better and eating more.




This entry was posted on Sunday, January 29, 2012 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: